POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : povray.off-topic.politics ? : Re: povray.off-topic.politics ? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:25:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray.off-topic.politics ?
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 15 Aug 2009 00:37:19
Message: <4a863b7f$1@news.povray.org>
On 08/14/09 18:03, Daniel Bastos wrote:
> I use slrn, and in reality slrn doesn't even ignore threads
> either. But with the scoring mecanism, you can easily separate the
> threads you participate. That's a must in any reader. Outlook express
> does that by default by pressing C-H. That's nice. Simple things.

	I believe that's the same as gnus. You can give a rank/score to a
subthread, and if you do it properly, it's pretty much the same as
killing it. I'm guessing tin probably can do it - I never used it long
enough to figure it out.

	Now that I think about it - I don't see why I'm *not* using tin...

>> 	I know gnus does. One day, within the next ten years or so, I'll switch
>> both email and newsgroup reading to gnus.
>
> I was never able to do that. I do compose mail in emacs; so it always
> made sense to me to use gnus. But I never made it. I don't know why;
> slrn however seemed quite natural.

	gnus seems like a huge headache to learn.

	It's just that I'm sick of mutt. Sick, sick and sick! I've heard that
gnus is the most versatile you can get, so I thought I might as well
dive into that.

--
When a toast with butter falls from your hand, it always falls on the
butter side.

When a cat falls from a height, it always lands on her feet.

If you tie a buttertoast over a cat with the butterside to the top, and
let both fall, what will face the floor, the butter or the feet?